Miami Immigration

Miami Immigration
How to get a green card through marriage.

If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you are an immediate relative. There are no limits on the number of immediate relatives allowed to apply for permanent residence each year. The only waiting period is the time it takes for your paper work to be

processed by the government.
The notation CR-1 means conditional residency, the date on top is when you entered, the date below CR-1 shows when your two years of conditional residency will end (when you get your permanent residency another stamp will be placed in another page of your passport).
Your initial green card will also show a two-year expiration date.
If you entered the U.S. with permission, such as with a tourist visa, you have entered the country legally (even if you stayed beyond the visa expiration date).
You should be able to stay in the U.S. for the entire application process.
The fact that you entered the U.S. legally and that your spouse is a U.S. citizen allows you to get your green card through a procedure called adjustment of status.
You can apply for permanent residence without leaving the U.S. even if your visa expired.
You could receive a permit to work while you wait your final green card interview.
You must be married for two years to get a green card.
If you apply before your marriage is two years old, you will receive a conditional card, good for only two years.
Miami Immigration
Don't forget to file the permanent green card application before the two years expire.
This application sometimes involve an interview, the objective is to check if your marriage is real.

During your two years of conditional residency you'll have almost all the rights of a permanent resident, you'll be able to work, travel in and out of the U.S., and even count your time toward the three or five years you'll need to accumulate before applying for U.S. citizenship.
You must ask your residence to be made permanent, or you risk losing your conditional and permanent resident status and could face deportation.
Take a look at the stamp in your passport:

Miami Immigration
Form I-751 (Available at
To convert your conditional status to permanent status, you'll need to submit form I-751 (Petition to remove the conditions on residence), with documents and fee to USCIS up to 90 days before the date your conditional residence status expire.
Keep track of the deadline.
The types of documents you had to provide for adjustment of status like copies of rent receipts and joint bank or credit card statements as evidence of your marital relationship and a copy of your current green card.
Once your application is received, you'll get a receipt notice in several weeks.
This notice is an important document, it extends your residency for months (12).
It will be your only proof of your legal status at this time.
Before you travel, it's best to visit your local USCIS office, and ask for an I-551 stamp in your passport.
You may wait longer than 12 months for a decision on your application, just bring your passport, your old green card and your receipt notice and ask for an I-551 stamp in your passport, it will not expire for another year.
You should receive your approval by mail, if your local USCIS office can't give you any information on what's happening, send inquiry letters to the service center.
You and your spouse may be called in for an interview.
Try to figure out why you are being called for an interview.
Being called for an interview at this stage is somewhat unusual.
You might want a lawyer to attend the interview with you.
They should approve you at the interview and stamp your passport.
If you are not required to attend an interview and are approved by mail, you should take your approval notice to your local USCIS office and get a stamp in your passport.
You'll wait several months for the actual green card to arrive by mail.
If your application is denied, you will be placed in removal proceedings.
Get a lawyer if you a placed in removal proceedings.

Miami Immigration
Your unmarried children under the age 21 may also be eligible to submit applications for green cards along with you.
The result will be that they get a visa or green card at the same time as you do.

Miami Immigration
First, your spouse submits form I-130 (Petition for Alien relative).After USCIS approves this petition, you submit an application for permanent residence (green card).
You can file the petition and the application together if your spouse is a U.S. citizen and you entered the country legally.

Miami Immigration
FORM I-130 (Available at
With the visa petition, you are asking USCIS to acknowledge that you are married and to let you go forward with green card proceedings.
Supporting documents:
Proof of the U.S. citizen status of your petitioning spouse (copy of birth certificate or passport), proof that you are legally married, proof that your previous marriage was terminated (death, divorce or annulment certificate), Photos and Fee (Check the Fee at

Miami Immigration
FORM G-325A (Available at
They go together with form I-130.
This is your background information.
You and your spouse each fill one in.
Eventually your spouse will receive a denial or an approval of the visa petition.
If the visa petition is denied fix the problem and try again.
If the visa petition is approved your spouse will receive a notice from the USCIS.
You'll use a copy of the approval notice as part of your green card application.

Miami Immigration
Please contact us today by filling the form on the bottom of this page and explain to us what your immigration problem is.
We will contact you as soon as possible to help you in your case.

We Can Help You To:
Apply for Citizenship Through Naturalization Or Through Your Parents,
Apply for Citizenship for Military Members & Dependents,
Apply for a Green Card Through Family Or Through a Job,
Renew or Replace your Green Card, Remove Conditions on your Green Card,
Apply for Employment Authorization If You Are A Permanent Worker, Temporary (Non-immigrant) Worker, Temporary Visitor for Business, A Student or Exchange Visitor,
Extend Your Stay and Change Your Non-immigrant Status.

We Can Help Your Relative Immigrate If You Are A Citizen, A Green Card Holder, A Refugee Or Asylee.

Miami Immigration
We Can Help You With:
Your Fiancé(e) Visa, Affidavit of Support, Deferred Enforced Departure, Humanitarian Parol, Immigration Through Adoption, Removal Proceedings, Deportation Defense, Motions To Reopen, Appeals, Federal Court Litigation and Change of Address.

We Can Help:
Refugees & Asylum, Battered Spouse, Children & Parents, Victims of Human Trafficking & Other Crimes.

We provide help on the transfer of professionals and executives to the United States.
We can counsel international and national corporations on compliance with immigration laws.
We provide competent representation for individuals facing incarceration and deportation.
In certain cases, relief from deportation is available.
This relief comes in the form of political asylum; cancellation of removal; and waivers or pardons under certain sections of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Removal proceedings are a serious matter.
If you are in removal proceedings, you need an attorney with the skills and experience to protect your rights.
People involved in removal proceedings could face many problems.We are committed to protecting you by providing you with aggressive representation.
We can help you file applications for residency, waivers, motions to reopen, and applications for relief from deportation under the Miami Immigration and Nationality Act.
If you have green card issues, or if you were detained for removal proceedings, contact us today.
We will fight to keep you in the United States.

Please contact us today by filling the form on the bottom of this page and explaining us what your immigration problem is.
We will contact you as soon as possible to help you in your case.


First Name*
Last Name*
E-mail Address*
E-mail Address - Confirm*

Please enter the word that you see below.


Miami Immigration
Claims that immigrants take Americans' jobs, are a drain on the American economy, contribute to poverty and inequality, destroy the social fabric, challenge American identity, and contribute to a host of social ills by their very existence are openly discussed and debated at all levels of society.
Chomsky dismantles twenty of the most common assumptions and beliefs underlying statements like "I'm not against immigration, only illegal immigration" and challenges the misinformation in clear, straightforward prose.

"Daniel Tichenor's Dividing Lines is one of the best books on US immigration policy to appear in the past decade. Political scientists, sociologists, historians, and nonacademic readers will all find it illuminating."--Martin Shefter, Cornell University"
This is an excellent book. It constitutes a superb narrative history of American immigration policy and reform, makes sense of the trajectory of this development, and connects the politics and history of immigration reform to a set of larger theoretical claims in the field of American political development.

Español Inmigracion

Adjustment of status

Ajuste de estatus

Choose a good lawyer

Elegir un abogado

After your green card

Su tarjeta verde.

Interview - Entrevista

Questions - Preguntas

Miami Law - Tax Guide

Consular Processing

Green Card By Marriage

TN Visa for Canadians And Mexicans

Como Obtener Visa A Los Estados Unidos Facilmente

Immigration To Canada

Immigration To New Zealand

Immigration To Spain

Immigration To The Philippines

How To Buy Cheap Homes In Brazil

Start A Business In Dubai, Abu Dhabi or UAE


Miami Immigration Home Page